Speakup laptop layout

David CSercsics aarg at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 1 16:57:58 EST 2009

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 01:24:02PM -0800, Zachary Kline wrote:
> Hi David,
>    If I may ask as a matter of interest, why do you want to get rid of
> that layout?  I've just never had the good fortune to use Speakup with a
> full numeric keypad, and that layout has saved me on numerous occasions.

Because I type in Dvorak and the layout was not designed for my keymap.
I hate laptop keyboards so I try to plug in an external one when i
can. I also like the way that my laptop does numpad emulation when I
use its keyboard  anyway. I'd also like to not have to press shift with
the capslock key to get it to activate because that is not standard PC
keyboard behaviour. I don't use that key hardly at all but when I do
I'd like it to work properly.