Can I join the dev team for a while?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Dec 30 15:00:56 EST 2009

Bill Cox writes:
> I'm leaning towards the speechd-up connection to speech-dispatcher.
> I've got it working on my armic machine right now.  It let's me use
> the voxin voice, which I prefer to espeak.

Just touching base to make sure you're aware Luke Yelavich (and others)
are tweaking Speech Dispatcher to get it to play nice with Pulse Audio,
among other things. Speech Dispatcher will be the speech server
interface when Orca moves to D-Bus next autum. So, it would make sense
to focus Speakup's software speech support there as well, imho.

Janina