Fwd: Daniel Baumann: EXTLINUX as Alternative Bootloader

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 07:07:56 EST 2009

Tony Baechler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> With all the discussion of grub and grub2, I thought the below might be
> of interest to some here.  I haven't used the packages referenced and I
> have no idea how accessible they are.  I would be interested in reading

Sadly, the phrase "accessible bootloader" is an oxymoron,
much like "rap music" or "jumbo shrimp".
Thus, no bootloader is accessible.
A lot of blind folks do seem to like Syslinux, so they'll probably like
Extlinux.  As for me, I like GRUB for the following three reasons.
1. It's what I know.
2. It works.
3. It supports the multiboot specification, for those of us who are interested
in such things.
I haven't tried GRUB 2, so I can't comment about it.

-- Chris