Talking Arch instalation: alsa-utils doesn't install

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Wed Dec 2 04:56:58 EST 2009

Nick,

In addition to what David and Chris suggested, you might try entering
exactly that pacman command omitting the names of the packages, thus
forcing your package archives to be updated. Then repeat the command
with the package names added. I seem to recall that I had to do that at
one point, in one of my installations.

Chuck