Talking Arch instalation: alsa-utils doesn't install

Chris Brannon cmbrannon79 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 21:58:24 EST 2009

> Yes, the instalation was mounted on /mnt.  The error was something about
> package not found.
> Anything you can suggest I do non-standard when I go back in on Thursday?
> Chroot, for instance?

You could try chrooting into /mnt.  If you do that, you can exclude
the --cachedir and --root options.

If you can use a cellphone, you might be able to call me during the process,
for assistance. I'm leary of giving the number out over the list,
but it's available to anyone who asks me for it via private mail.
I'm not sure how useful this would be, either.
Thanks to my VOIP provider, calls to anywhere in the US and Canada are
unmetered.  Outbound calls are good.

Anyway, it should have worked...  It has for several others in the last
few weeks, so something isn't right.

-- Chris