gentoo dropping speakup support

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Aug 31 15:25:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 02:12:15AM -0600, Keith Hinton wrote:
> I had to upgrade my servers portage to testing and a lot of other things
> were necessary to be on bleading edge. Gentoo 2008.0 is fine, but it becomes
> much harder to update if you install from a 2008.0 CD.

	Yeah, that's the problem with riding the bleeding edge.  The
ride never stops.  Makes me wish sometimes that the improvement phase
would stop so the bugs could be wiped, and SpeakUP could be released in
at least one completed form or version.  At least then the distros would
then have something to latch onto for their releases.

			Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                       Powered by Intel