gentoo dropping speakup support

Keith Hinton keithint1234 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 04:12:15 EDT 2009

Hi,

Forgive me for the subject that I decided to post your message with, but I
wanted to see:

Ever sinse posting that subject back in 2007, how do you feel about where
Speakup  is now?

Also, has Gentoo released a iso with Speakup in it?

If so, where do I obtain the new Iso?

I am not sure where Gentoo's autobuilds are located anymore directory
structure wise.

Also,  Gentoo Linux 2008.0 is old, way old.

I had to upgrade my servers portage to testing and a lot of other things
were necessary to be on bleading edge. Gentoo 2008.0 is fine, but it becomes
much harder to update if you install from a 2008.0 CD.