Questions about DOS (sorry if off-topic)

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Wed Aug 26 18:55:32 EDT 2009

It took me a while to get used to the Jaws way of doing things with the
numeric keypad, but I'm used to it now. During our DOS days, we always used
Automatic Screen Access Program, or ASAP. The main reason was that we ran
Computersmith Enterprises, and sold ASAP for a while, and also developed the
Laptalk speech synthesizer. So it took me a bit of time to adjust from the
ASAP way of doing things to the JFW way of doing things. Then, when I got
into Linux, I found they did things the ASAP way.
     We used to use OSCAR also. The problem with it now is that it was copy
protected. Unless TSI released a free version or something before they went
under, I assume if you could find a copy, it would be protected. The
particular protection scheme they used was one that Jaws also used in early
days, and I never found a way to make an actual copy or image of such
protected disks. Believe me, I tried.
Jayson