a thought about Michael's weirdness

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Aug 24 02:07:49 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 03:08:35PM -0400, Chuck Hallenbeck wrote:
> I saw something like that on my system months ago which turned out to
> be caused by failing to terminate the espeakup connector after
> switching speakup to using an external synthesizer.

	An external LiteTalk (ltlk) is all I'm using at the moment.  I
haven't really played around with the software synthesizer as yet,
because it's so slow in Orca on my system.  I'm running about as
standard as "apt-get install" gets, beyond running speakupconf in
/etc/rc.local and appending the speakup boot parameter in grub's
menu.lst file.

	As stated in a previous post, the "more" pager problem is pretty
easy to reproduce.  As root in one console, run:

# apt-cache search editor | more

	Mark and cut a package name, switch to another console, and as
root, start running"

# aptitude show <pasted-packagename> | more

...and after a few cuts and pastes, the problem should appear The first
console will have the wrong text, or text from the second console will
bleed over into the first console.  I don't know if the problem lies
with the 'more' pager, or with SpeakUP.  I can only hear what SpeakUP is
telling me without sighted assistance.  HTH,

				Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                       Powered by Intel