Even more Debian Squeeze strangeness

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Mon Aug 24 01:49:11 EDT 2009

On Sun, Aug 23, 2009 at 08:30:04PM +0200, Hermann wrote:
> do you have a braille display or another access medium for your computer?

	No, just a housekeeper that panics at the sight of the printed
word.  Hehe.

> Did you compile the kernel or install Speakup as external modules?

	It's just aptitude install'ed with a mention in grub's menu.lst
file, and I'm just running the ltlk hardware synthesizer.  System's slow
enough trying software synthesis in Orca, so I haven't been very
motivated to try the software module beyond a few unsuccessful
experiments.  I tried compiling the kernel via the apt-src route and
spent two days waiting for it to compile, and got left with kernel
packages compiled for all platforms. <grins> If I didn't know any
better, I'd think I was running Windows, as something like that
happening smacks of "do it our wayism."  Makes me want to go back to
4DOS.

				Michael

--
Linux User: 	177869                                       Powered by Intel