Testing a synthesizer

Gene Collins collins at gene3.ait.iastate.edu
Wed Aug 12 12:41:02 EDT 2009

Hi James, have youchecked the permissions on /dev/ttyUSB0?  You may not
have write permissions on the device.  I have a couple of usb to serial
addapters, and they work just fine, although they don't use the standard
serial device addresses and interrupts, which is whay speakup won't work
with usb serial devices.  Hope this helps.

Gene Collins