Testing a synthesizer

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Wed Aug 12 11:31:12 EDT 2009

First of all, if you are running Macosx as you said you were on the
brltty list, you need a driver for the serial-usb cable.

Second, the ports on the Mac are not named the same as in linux.
Usually it would be /dev/cu. with something after the period; for my
prolific cable it's /dev/cu.usbserial but for my keyspan I've had
different designations like /dev/cu.USa19H1d1P1.1 Once you have he
driver installed an dhave the cable and device plugged in, you can run

ls /dev/cu.* and see what your choices are.

If you are not running Macosx but have put some other unix system on
your Mac, see the documentation for that system.

--

Cheryl
"Let the words of my mouth,