Testing a synthesizer

Hermann meinelisten at onlinehome.de
Wed Aug 12 10:50:28 EDT 2009

On 12.08.2009 at 16:37:18 james collins <james.collins75 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just tried it with TTY got the following
>
> -bash: /dev/ttyUSB0: Permission denied

Are you not logged in as root, or is this impossible on a Mac?

> Can I type sudo before I give this command, and then when my computer
> asks for my password give it and then for like 5 minutes I would have
> permission to run this command?

Should work at least on a real Unix/Linux; but, again, I don't know
anything about Macs.
And there's one more thing you can do:
Try whether the following command exists:
lsusb
of course with your usb2serial cable connected.
Is it listed? Do you know the exact type of cable?
Can you get sighted assistance for a while, to look in Mac's device
manager whether this cable has been detected at all?
Provided there's such a thing like a device manager on this machine.
Hermann