Testing a synthesizer

Willem van der Walt wvdwalt at csir.co.za
Wed Aug 12 09:39:49 EDT 2009

Try using setserial to first setup your serial port.
Also check that /dev/ttyS0 is actually the port you want to address.
Check dmesg output or /var/log/messages for info on what the correct port
might be.
This is general, I do not have that synthesizer, but have done such
testing using others.
HtH, Willem