OT - How to stop an account from receiving mail without deletingthe account?

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Tue Aug 11 15:24:22 EDT 2009

Hi,

     What that looks like is that it accepts the message, then immediately
bounces it back. That's exactly what I don't want to happen. The reason is
simple. As you probably know, spammers often use totally bogus addresses. So
I bounce the message, and it turns out the original sender's address is also
invalid. That bounced bounce has to go somewhere, and that somewhere just
happens to be the Postmaster account I think it is, which is aliased to a
real account. So if there's a way to not accept the message in the first
place, or to possibly just accept it and then destroy it, I'd love to know.
I tried making /var/mail/mail a simlink to /dev/null, but that didn't last.
Thanks for any help.
Jayson