Advice for speech-friendly migration

Chris Brannon cmbrannon at cox.net
Sat Aug 8 23:06:31 EDT 2009

Zachary Kline wrote:
> Unfortunately, some hardware in the new machine is different, noteably
> the wireless card.  As I recall, it isn't supported by the kernel by
> default.  Getting a direct ethernet connection is a bit tricky

Have you tried ndiswrapper?
I've used ndiswrapper while the system is booted from CD.
The trick is to copy your firmware to USB storage of some sort.  Load
it from there.
Of course, your bootable CD environment needs to be using unionfs for
this to work.  The talking ArchLinux disk does, as does Grml.

Perhaps this would work for you.

-- Chris