left/right alt keys (was Re: Speakup compared to the other linux/unix screen readers)

Pia pmikeal at comcast.net
Fri Aug 7 13:05:33 EDT 2009

In Ubuntu, if you use the alternate install CD I know that you get a
choice when setting up your keymap not to have an alt gr key.  The alt gr
key is a key that shifts the function keys to be F13 through F24 and it
sounds like your install is setting the alt gr key to be your right alt
keys then.  This can be changed by changing your keymap.