left/right alt keys (was Re: Speakup compared to the other linux/unix screen readers)

Kyle kyle4jesus at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 23:45:02 EDT 2009

The left and right alt keys have different functions if you have a setup
that allows you to type international characters. For example, here I
have a US keyboard layout with the ability to type Esperanto special
characters. In order to type ĝ for example, I hold down the right alt
key and press g. This allows my w, q and x keys to still function
properly when typing in English, which I do most of the time, but also
allows me to type in Esperanto without changing my entire keyboard layout.

Kyle

--
  Jesus you're my life.
I live only to serve You