ltlk issue again

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Sat Apr 25 14:28:27 EDT 2009

Ooops, sorry about that.
I forgot to save the email with the path yesterday and couldn't bring up
the archives site last night so googled and got the 2.0 Users guide.
Didn't use speakup for a while at all so keep forgetting some of the
changes.

I can restart speakup with doubletalk lt by switching synths or even just
echoing none and then when it releases ltlk echoing ltlk again.

I may have found the problem but not the source of the problem. In
/sys/module I have both a speakup_ltlk and a speakup. speakup_ltlk has
ser and start under it; speakup has parameters. Should the speakup_ltlk
not be there or is this normal? I did try at one point to run ltlk with
the debian modules and had it in /etc/modules but I removed it.

--
Cheryl