cygwin question

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Apr 15 06:50:01 EDT 2009

Umm, since 1.7 is more accessible and 1.5 is about to go into permanent
deep freeze, why?  At least 1.7 has command line support which 1.5
doesn't.  Yes, you can install everything with the mouse cursor in 1.5
with Window-Eyes.  Granted, 1.7 is still considered in beta and I
haven't tried it, but since that is the future of Cygwin and is a lot
more *nix-like, why would you want to use something older?  The only
reason would be if you have Windows 95 or 98 which will not run 1.7.  If
you have 2000 or newer, 1.7 makes more sense.