tips on using m c

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Tue Apr 14 12:10:56 EDT 2009

Yes, but when you're dealing with very long filenames and directories,
it's much nicer to be able to use the arrows.  Even with filename
completion, it can be very difficult when the names of the directories
and files wrap over a line or two.  The other problem with tab
completion is that often the files I work with have similar prefixes,
making all that much more to enter before it can complete.  With a
curses-based file manager, I can use the arrows and press a key to
rename a file while still using multiple consoles and the shell for my
other tasks.