Speakup options

Michael Prokop mika at grml.org
Wed Apr 8 18:58:25 EDT 2009

* Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> Michael Whapples, le Wed 08 Apr 2009 16:23:59 +0000, a écrit :

>> Is there a document somewhere stating which option belongs with which
>> module?

> Better than a document, a command: modinfo speakup

Looking at the options of all the speakup modules in kernel version
2.6.28, the unified part of them is:

parm:           port:Set the port for the synthesizer (override probing). (int)
parm:           quiet:Do not announce when the synthesizer is found. (bool)
parm:           ser:Set the serial port for the synthesizer (0-based). (int)
parm:           start:Start the synthesizer once it is loaded. (short)
parm:           synth:Synth to start if speakup is built in. (charp)

speakup.synth=.... should work with the next grml release as I've
added support for loading the according module to grml. For example
specifying speakup.synth=dectlk as bootoption will load the module
speakup_dectlk then.

My question is: do I have to take care of port/quiet/ser/start as
well on my own? If so: what's the most elegant way to support that?
(Sorry, I don't have the according hardware on my own, so my test
scenario involves just the software speakup part of it.)

Thanks to Michael Whapples for his feedback in grml's bug tracking
system and to Samuel Thibault for his great work on the speakup
source modules within Debian.

-mika-
--
 ,'"`.         http://michael-prokop.at/
(  grml.org -» Linux Live-CD for texttool-users and sysadmins