Integrating Speakup/ESpeakup into Debian boot process

Cheryl Homiak chomiak at charter.net
Tue Apr 7 22:20:04 EDT 2009

Well, I can see how you might have debian accessibility issues for other
reasons, but as far as using espeakup, as has been mentioned in other
posts, it's really quite straightforward. Espeakup came up automatically
as soon as I put the line for the soft module into /etc/modules. Orca is
also working well for me and it worked "out of the box" without a lot of
troubleshooting. The only thing i have to watch with debian
unstable is that I don't let an upgrade remove something important, so
sometimes I have to delay an upgrade. Other than that, I plan to continue
with debian at least for now. But distribution choices are a really
individual thing so I certainly can understand your point of view.

--
Cheryl