Integrating Speakup/ESpeakup into Debian boot process

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Tue Apr 7 04:23:14 EDT 2009

Jason White, le Tue 07 Apr 2009 04:21:27 +0000, a écrit :
> On my laptop, I would like to try integrating Speakup (with ESpeak and
> ESpeakup) into the Debian boot process.

Damn, my mail didn't get to the speakup mailing list because of the 1
recipient limitation...  Here it is (note that this is an x86_64 image
so you need a 64bit machine):

I have put on http://dept-info.labri.fr/~thibault/tmp/espeakup.iso what
I hope to get integrated in next Debian Installer.  Boot it, press enter
and it should talk, using espeak.  After language and country choice it
should switch to the selected language (when supported by espeak).  I
will try to see with debian-boot whether it would be possible to switch
between language and country selection.

Please test!

Samuel