custom live cd

lutz kaiser lutz.kaiser at gmx.net
Mon Apr 6 08:55:56 EDT 2009

hi

oh yes i understand! - smile

I made such a live-Cd based on vinux (ubuntu) just in german, and some
rescue-software

then i'd suggest setting up an virtual pc.

To test i used vinux.

http://vinux.org.uk/downloads/old/1.4/Vinux-1.4.iso

Advantage is: remastersys is allready installed, and Orca is working.

I set it to speak german, to use my brailledisplay and remasterd it.
again in backup-mode, but i have had no personal data stored to it.

The imagesize was about 760mb.
good success!
lutz,
p.s: if you have more questions, don't hesitate to ask

On 06.04.2009 09:54, Daniel Dalton wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 06, 2009 at 11:13:10AM +0000, lutz kaiser wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
> Hi!
>

>> i 've done sucessfully a simular thing.
>> I chose "remastersys" to do so.
>>
> Had a quick look around. It seems it'll backup every file in my home dir
> and my whole system... I'm guessing this is going to be quite large! I'm
> also hoping to distribute this cd to the community, so don't want to
> include personal files. eg. my .fetchmailrc or my school related
> stuff...
>
> Or have I mistaken?
>
> Thanks very much for your help
>
> Daniel.