new OCR project for Linux!

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Fri Apr 3 04:49:51 EDT 2009

Hello,
I've tried cuneiform and got very good results, it managed quite well
(not perfectly but better than I expected) on a paper source which was
far from perfect for scanning (eg. crumpled). It performed nearly
perfectly on much better paper sources as well and probably will become
my perferred OCR software at the moment. Debian doesn't seem to have a
package yet but it wasn't a problem to compile from source. Now for
something to help get the paper in the correct orientation on the
scanner automatically rather than this current try and try again.

Michael Whapples