Speakup_dectlk module under 2.6.26-1-686 on Debian Sid

William F. Acker WB2FLW +1-303-722-7209 wacker at octothorp.org
Fri Sep 26 18:50:09 EDT 2008

Hi,

      Are you sure that it's completely dead?  On Fedora, I'm seeing
extreme sluggishness.  Maybe three seconds after pressing a key.  For me,
it seems to be a bad interaction with the fix that causes the serial ports
to always come up the same (the floating serial port fix), and haldaemon.
Can you try disabling HAL to see if it's fixed.  If this can be reproduced
on Debian, I'm confident that the Speakup team will do what's necessary to
get it fixed.

           HTH.

--
           Bill in Denver