Accessible Ubuntu Installer

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Tue Sep 16 04:34:58 EDT 2008

Hi Mike,

The installer talks, and you do need one of the supported synthesizers
to use it. It also works with brltty, although I haven't used it that
way.

To get into it:

1. Insert CD, boot with it, wait for a beep in your PC speaker.

2. Press the tab key, then type:
speakup.synth=xxxx

and press enter. Substitute the mnemonic for your synth in place of the
x's.

I have used the installer several times with no difficulty.

Chuck