question about using speakup on compiled versions of linux

alex wallis alexwallis646 at googlemail.com
Sat Sep 13 14:06:06 EDT 2008

Hi list.

recently, I have become aware of a project that provides its tools configured to work with a live distro of linux. they provide a distro so that you boot it from cd and they are ready to run.
the distro they use is aparrantly slackware, however i'm not sure of the kernel version. but my question is, given that they make there software available in iso images that are compiled. would it be possible for me to get speakup working with the project? or would i be better off speaking to the guys on the project forum to see if they might be able to do me a custom build providing that of course the kurnel etc is compatible.