speakup availability in Debian Lenny

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Sun Sep 7 15:11:02 EDT 2008

I followed a link on Samuel's home page to the daily builds of the
mini.iso for Debian Lenny, burned myself a copy of the image for today,
and attempted to use it as per the instructions for the mini-beep.iso
Samuel posted a while ago.

No beep for the syslinux prompt, but that's okay.

Typing the TAB and the parameter for the synth, then enter, did not
result in any speech output.

So, were those instructions specific to Samuel's advance copy? Is
speakup present in the daily builds of mini.iso? With what steps can it
be activated?

Or should I just be patient for a while?

Chuck

--
The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (52% of Full)

My web site: http://hallenbeck.ftml.net -- my telephone: 1-518-334-9022.
                                --------
Exhilaration is that feeling you get just after a great idea hits you,
and just before you realize what is wrong with it.