Latest Lenny kernel and ltlk module crash my system

Al Sten-Clanton Albert.E.Sten_Clanton at verizon.net
Fri Sep 5 11:47:19 EDT 2008

I've had the speech output problem you describe through several versions of
Fedora, and also a time or two, I think, after installing Debian via the
mini-beep.iso.  Very lately, I've avoided rebooting by hitting the key that
kills and revives Speakup.  I typically had to hit it a few times, and
finally Speakup would say "I'm alive."  I then quickly decrease and increase
the speech rate and volume, and things seem as before.  I realize that ain't
no real fix, and I know nothing about how to do a real fix.  I also realize
you may have tried that and it failed, but thought it worth suggesting
anyway.

Al