Mutt and Gmail

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckh at ftml.net
Mon Oct 27 05:16:57 EDT 2008

Steve,

I use mutt too, but have always let it hand the outgoing stuff off to
exim4 for handling. Exim4 spools the outgoing items, so it you often
send with attachments, you don't have to wait while your MUA completes
the send. You also have /etc/email-addresses and /etc/aliases to help
adjusting your return address and routing your arrivals. If you have
not already done so, you might want to consider getmail to replace
fetchmail, if you are using it.

Chuck