question about the cvs checkout script

Michael Whapples mwhapples at aim.com
Sat Oct 25 14:02:42 EDT 2008

A few things to say here:
As I remember browsers tend to open the checkout script as a text file,
so you may need to tell it to download it (I think for IE you need to
use the applications key or the equivalent of right clickig the link and
selecting "save target as").
To use the CVS checkout script you will need a working Linux machine, it
is of no use if you only have a windows system.
You also probably want to get speakup from git rather than CVS as that
is where the current development is now.
If you don't have a Linux system working now, you would do better
getting a distro with speakup or another screen reader already built in.
Depending on what you want to get from Linux, as a windows user you may
find orca in the gnome desktop easier to get started with (ubuntu
(www.ubuntu.com) is possibly the easiest to get started with orca, GRML
(www.grml.org) is a good starting point for looking at speakup, neither
of these actually require an install to use them).

Michael Whapples