Kernels in Debian

John covici covici at ccs.covici.com
Mon Oct 20 16:59:12 EDT 2008

The problem is module versioning -- the modules have to be compiled
with the same compiler and have the same version information as the
kernel.

One thing which would be nice, is if the Makefile in the src directory
of the git sources were arranged   to make
speakup for a non running kernel.  I tried doing a make with the
ubuntu 2.6.27 kernel which I had configured, but not installed speakup
in and the Make failed -- I think because I was not running the kernel
I wanted the speakup for.

on Monday 10/20/2008 Steve Holmes(steve at holmesgrown.com) wrote