New Debian Install - HELP!

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Thu Oct 9 20:27:02 EDT 2008

Hello,

Steve Holmes, le Thu 09 Oct 2008 16:40:10 -0700, a écrit :
> The command I'm using is
> install speakup.synth=spkout

How exactly do you type that?  You are not supposed to type install,
just speakup.synth=spkout

> I tried this with and without pressing tab first.  In all cases, I get
> no speech.  I saw in the f8.txt that speakup could be used but in
> parentheses, they said graphical installer only so I also tried
> installgui speakup.synth=spkout

Yes, you need to select the graphical installer because the base
installer doesn't have speakup.  See

http://brl.thefreecat.org/wiki/moin.cgi/debian

To select the graphical installer, press the arrow key once before
typing tab and speakup.synth=spkout.

Samuel