New Debian Install - HELP!

Erik Heil eheil at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Oct 9 20:03:08 EDT 2008

Hi their.  As far as I know, the installer does support Speakup out of the
box.  I can't confirm this, but apparently you're supposed to press tab
before typing the commands to get speakup talking.  As a side note, I did
download an installation immage for Speakup, but I have a Dectalk Express
whereas you apparently have a Speakout synth.  Not even sure if they're
manufactured anymore, but they're good synths nevertheless.  Getting back
to you're point, I could not get the Dectalk express to come up talking
with any of the immages, but this might be related to another issues.

--Erik