software speech

Erik Heil eheil at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Oct 2 19:33:21 EDT 2008

Hi,
Apparently its not that difficult to navigate the Cygwin package managers.
I can't speak from personal experience, as I don't have any Windows
installations here at all.  But people have successfully done it.  Form
what I hear, Cygwin is pretty good.  It even includes an X server and
clients.  What would be cool though is if one could install and run Gnome
with Metacity under Windows.   Don't mean it to be a permanent solution,
but just for those who want to see what the environment is like and don't
want to deal with a slow liveCD.  I suppose though that their are
alternative options such as USB/CF cards, but doesn't do much for machines
that don't either support them as a boot device or lack necessary
hardware.

--Erik