programm issues--moving files back and forth

Tyler Littlefield tyler at tysdomain.com
Tue Nov 25 02:58:25 EST 2008

First, I'm well aware of the problems with dmzing my system. I don't plan to
visit cisco for the blind, as any cisco site would do just fine for teaching
me what I need to know. Incidentally, until I win the lottery or something
similar happens I don't think i'll be owning a cisco router.
As for configuring the network, I believe I've got a decent grasp of what
I'm doing. Thanks for the tip though.
Second, I've seen other questions related to linux on here, if there's a
problem I'm sure Kirk will let me know. As he hasn't done so thus far, I'm
sure I'm not out of bounds, feel fre to let me know otherwise.

As this router can barely stay alive, I'm sure that dmzing my box hasn't put
it in mortal parel, I've just saved it overprocessing, and I actually feel a
bit better with linux's firewall running in front of everything. It's a
cheap way out of running a linux box as a router, but I haven't gotten the
time to set that up as of yet, so... Dmz it is.
Anyway, thanks to the others who provided help. SSHFs seems promising, and
i'll take a look into that more tomorrow or later on this week. The goal is
just to take what I'm working on in windows and get it over to linux in a
fascion that won't take forever, and preserve formatting.
I had to use ftp to do that a while back, and it was a slow process; copying
and pasting in SecureCRT didn't preserve the formatting.

Thanks,
Tyler Littlefield
email: tyler at tysdomain.com
web: tysdomain-com
Visit for quality software and web design.
skype: st8amnd2005