killing speech from cli

Zachary Kline klinez at onid.orst.edu
Fri Nov 21 22:18:02 EST 2008

Hi Danny,
    I'm not a speakup developer, so one of them should feel free to correct
me if I'm wrong.
    However, in the version of speakup I have, 3.0.3, there isn't a way to
do this from the CLI.
    The only way I'm aware of is to use the keyboard command to kill
speakup--think it's the "print screen" key?
    I've just been looking around the /sys/modules/speakup/parameters
directory and not found anything obvious.
Hope this helps,
Zack.