installation of suse linux

Cody Hurst churst35 at verizon.net
Tue May 27 19:24:20 EDT 2008

Darragh,

I'm unsure what version of Suse we are going to be using, but I will
guess suse enterprise. Does speakup/ssh still hold true for use
enterprise? Does speakup come precompiled into suse? If you would, and
i know this is a lot to answer, but can you give me a rundown of what
I will have to do in order to start installing. I mean, boot commands,
key presses, etc. I'm probably just going to tell my teacher I will
need another machine to do this on. In real life, this will be on a
real box, not vmware, which is my biggest nightmare for next year.
I've never really took a liking to Novell anyway because of its
techniques and layout. I find it extremely complex and confusing. I am
going to be taking a Novell OES exam on Friday and that course wasn't
pleasant to do. I do think Novell needs to use these other foundations
and projects as mentors for accessibility but I can't make water into
wine, so my guess is that I will not be seeing accessibility soon.

Can you perhaps give me a little insight on what in the world blinux
is all about. Should I just give up on even trying to learn or use it?
I've written 2 emails to the blinux list, and have not even once goten
a response you can google my emails and you will find that I have no
gotten any responses.

However, I think my tech instructor would benefit from this
information, since you would know more than I have, which these issues.

If I may ask, why did you choose Novell as a place to be hired?

Thanks for all the help you can give, and I will be in touch with him.