speakup, grml and braille blazer

Cody Hurst churst35 at verizon.net
Mon May 19 20:03:41 EDT 2008

Hello all,

   I just realized I could whip up an external synth with a db25
serial cable, a converter and a db9 serial cable, however when I boot
grml I use this boot command

grml speakup_synth=bns, ttyS0 and get no speech. On the blazer's
speech config menu I set it from parallel to serial. however I tried
starting grml with it on serial and parallel and still no speech. I
know this can be done but I just don't know how. I'd like to know what
I"m doing wrong here. Thanks for any hep.

Cody