Audible grup/lilo?

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon May 19 16:41:27 EDT 2008

Both lilo and grub support beeps. You can stick in as many as you
want--so may even come close to simulating morse by judicious use of
silence.

I wouldn't find increasing pitch very helpful. I tend, myself, to only
keep a few stanzas in my boot loader. Rarely do I have even as many as
six, and it's just nopt that hard to count down from the top or up from
the bottom.

PS: In grub, if you attempt to arrow up off the stanza list (or down off
it), you get only a single beep for the stanza you're on. If you arrow
from from the first stanza to the second, you get two beeps, the one you
leave and the one you arrive at.

Works for me.

Janina