Audible grup/lilo?

Gaijin gaijin at clearwire.net
Sat May 17 22:16:57 EDT 2008

	Hello all,

	Well, I've written  William Pitcock,  who appears in the
copyright notice to be lilo's maintainer at present, and asked to
discuss the possibility of modifying lilo to include audible signals for
the visually impared.  Hopefully, something may come of it in future
lilo releases.  I don't use grub, and don't even have the maintainer's
address, so I'll leave it up  to you grub users.  I've mentioned
increasing the frequency of beeps as you cursor down the menu, having a
unique beep for item #1, to the possibility of using morse code to read
out menu items to help the visually impared with the bootloader menus,
and am still waiting for a reply.  I doubt it would be all that hard to
include an audible indicator feature in the boot menus that can be
toggled on in the .conf files.  We may not get it to spell things out in
morse code, but maybe we won't have to hack and recompile something in
on later releases if they show an interest.

			Michael