Problem with Fedora9 and Speakup

Kirk Reiser kirk at braille.uwo.ca
Fri May 16 14:55:11 EDT 2008

On Fri, 16 May 2008, Daniel C wrote:

> I wouldn't bitch if things actually worked the way they're suppose to. As I
> said, up to date documentation would help a lot. It seems as if it's a race
> to put together newer versions of Fedora without updating documentation,

Well, sometimes it seems like it is a race to stay current or
up-to-date with the most recent of just about anything, not just
distributions.  Unfortunately, most developers don't like writing
documentation and there is always so much work which needs to be done
they hide behind doing the work instead of writing the docs.  I
certainly include myself in that category.

> how're users suppose to install without updated documentation? You explain
> that one, Kerk.

I agree that having current documentation is very nice but as I said
in my previous message the git logs contain everything that has passed
which also includes how operational changes have changed.  I guess my
problem is not with you wishing for current docs but with the way you
said it.  If you were paying a ridiculous amount of money like with
Window Eyes or JAWS I could see you bitching and you'd be absolutely
right.  What you pay for here is being able to do what you want with
the product including writing documentation so others won't have the
same problem as you.

phone: (519) 661-3061