trying to install Fedora 9

Albert E. Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Fri May 9 17:09:42 EDT 2008

First, congratulations to Bill and Janina for getting out a speakup-modified version of Fedora before the "official" one hits the cyberstreets.  Though I'm having a problem, I think that's really cool.

My problem is that so far I've been unable to get speech for installing Fedora 9.  I'm trying to do it using the DVD image on my hard drive and a CD of the Fedora-Rawhide-i386-netinst.iso image.  The CD passed the SHA1SUM check.

After the CD spins briefly, I do up-arrow, tab, space, then "askmethod speakup_synth=ltlk" and hit enter.  I've also tried down-arrow instead of up-arrow, as well as adding "speakup_ser=0".  (I use an external TriplTalk.) I tested my steps on my Fedora 8 rescue CD, which worked fine, so I'm pretty sure I'm doing what I'm supposed to unless the process has changed.

Thanks for any help.

Al Sten-Clanton