Gentoo - where's speakup been put?

Georgina Joyce gena at mga.demon.co.uk
Wed May 7 02:54:22 EDT 2008

> The patching is handled when you emerge gentoo-sources, so there are no
> .orig files laying around.

I see, I'll try and re-emerge gentoo sources.  So I've done it the wrong
way around.

Did I understand that there will be a newer speakup git available via
emerge soon?

Thinking about it, does this mean that for each new kernel version and
new speakup git my machine will rebuild a new kernel?  If so, do I just
remove the kernel and speakup from the portage system? Because once I
have a kernel tailored to the hardware I don't see the point of
frequently changing the kernel.

Thanks.

Gena