can't upgrade speakup Kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Tue May 6 13:31:34 EDT 2008

Well, the last FC7 kernel that will ever be made available by
SpeakupModified is there, and it's newer than yours. Not sure what's
happening. The easiest thing to do might be to get
kernel-2.6.23.12-52.spk.fc7 using ftp and install with the command:

rpm -iv kernel-2.6.23.12-52.spk.fc7

I would strongly suggest you consider upgrading to Fedora 9, though.
I've no idea how much customization you've put into your FC7, but
there's been enormous improvement, both from Speakup and from Orca, in
the newer release. You also get Firefox-3 with the Fedora-9
installation.

FYI: Our usual policy has been to remove the oldest Fedora shortly
following on a new release. We are considering being even more draconian
this time and removing both FC7 and Fedora-8 because the improvements in
9 are so superior, and consequently so much harder to support for people
who do not upgrade.

Janina