can't upgrade speakup Kernel

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Mon May 5 22:15:48 EDT 2008

Hi, Daniel:

Daniel C writes:
> Hi,
> I am trying to upgrade my speakup kernel.
> I use the command: yum --disablerepo='*' --enablerepo=speakupmodified
> upgrade kernel*
> I get the error: Error getting repository data for speakupmodified,
> repository not found.

We were off line for maintanance yesterday. Might that explain the
failure? The site has been back up today, so please try again. If the
error persists, please let us know.

Meanwhile, for the record, I would presume you've retrieved and imported
our RPM-GPG-KEY-speakupmodified, and have configured our repository in
/etc/yum.repos.d/ using our speakupmodified-release.rpm as explained in
our yum Mini-HOWTO.

Of course, you can always also retrieve the kernel rpm via http, ftp, or
rsync and use a command like:

rpm -iv [kernel-version].rpm

to install. But, this also won't work when our site is down for
maintanance. Fortunately, I don't think that happens very often! <grin>

hth

Janina