virtualbox 1.6

Alex Snow alex_snow at gmx.net
Mon May 5 18:54:01 EDT 2008

Hi,
Thanks for the info.  The site seems to currently be having problems
with account creation, but as soon as it's back I'll add myself to
this ticket.
On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 03:02:42PM -0700, Gregory Nowak
wrote:

> Yes, I am. I was running 1.5.6, and now am trying out 1.6.0. I posted
> about this problem in ticket 812, but they haven't done anything there
> since 1.5.4. If more people add onto that ticket, maybe they'll
> finally start paying attention, and will do something about it.
>
> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/812
>
> What I've found seems to work, is to first activate uart1, but don't
> set uartmode1. Once you activate uart1, then set uartmode1 to point at
> the physical serial port. Failing that, I've been able to mouse around
> in the gui, and successfully set it that way after a couple of tries.
>
> As a side note, they now claim to be sec508 compliant as of 1.6.0,
> in terms of gui accessibility. While they've made progress in
> identifying some of the controls, and allowing you to tab within the
> gui, and read the items in the menu bar, I've found that wineyes says
> custom control on a number of things still, and on some controls, I
> need to tab off a control, and tab onto it again, to hear what it is,,
> this is true for the controls where I don't hear custom control no
> matter what. I plan to be commenting on this in ticket 629, another
> ticket it would be good to have more people add to:
>
> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/629
>
> As a side note, I'm finding I'm having weird keyboard issues in 1.6.0,
> which I didn't have in 1.5.6. My machine has been having slight
> hardware issues lately, so this may not be a virtualbox problem. That's a topic for the vbox-users list
> though.
>
> Greg
>

> On Mon, May 05, 2008 at 03:26:25PM -0400, Alex Snow wrote:
> > Hi,
> > Anyone running any sort of linux in virtualbox 1.5.6 or 1.6 on windows
> > and using the serial port? Every time I try to attach the serial port to
> > a physical serial port, it comes back with an error saying the host path
> > is null.  Googling around doesn't give much info on the subject.
> >
> > --
> > > I'm an idiot..  At least this [bug] took about 5 minutes to find..
> > Surely, Linus is talking about the kind of idiocy that others aspire to :-).
> > 	-- Bruce Perens in response to Linus Torvalds's

> - --
> web site: http://www.romuald.net.eu.org
> gpg public key: http://www.romuald.net.eu.org/pubkey.asc
> skype: gregn1
>
> - --

I'd crawl over an acre of 'Visual This++' and 'Integrated Development
That' to get to gcc, Emacs, and gdb.  Thank you.
	-- Vance Petree, Virginia Power