Speakup working on ppc mac mini!!!

chomiak7737 at att.net chomiak7737 at att.net
Sat May 3 23:50:21 EDT 2008

Thanks so much to all those  helped!!!

Not only do I have speakup working with flite, I also have orca working
thanks to instructions that were found immediately with a google search.
The only thing that seems a little strange is that when I get to typing
fast it sounds like I may have two voices going but when I slow down it
usually stops. Is this normal? I also apparently crashed something when I
first installed the python package for speechd-up and chose speech
dispatcher in orca as the speech system. All was ok when I hit apply but
when I hit enter on ok I lost speech in orca and speakup. Rebooting solved
it but it happens again if I get into preferences, even if I hit cancel. I
also notice that my clients/conf files are gnome-speech and emacs even
though i did choose speech dispatcher as the speech system and not the
synthesizer. I haven't had time to look for answers to these concerns yet
so I'm not really worried; just thought I'd mention them in case somebody
else had had these experiences. Basically everything is working. My
version of speech-dispatcher is ok and the python package is installed.

Thanks again for the help and for the immediate fix to the git repository.
I actually find git really easy to use now that I understand what to do.

--

Cheryl

"Where your treasure is,
there will your heart be also."